Tuesday, 29 March 2016

3/29/2016 07:51:00 pm
Jean-François Louet

The French diving instructor who had gone missing on his way to Koh Tao on March 14 has been found dead in Surat Thani.

According to Thai News Agency, Pol Maj Gen Aphichat Bunsirirot, head of Surat Thani Provincial Police, and Pol Col Wisut Phuphansri, Superindentand of Surat Thani City Police, were notified about the discovery of a dead foreigner Tuesday around noon.

When they arrived, they found the body of Jean-François Louet, 46, lying dead in a banana plantation. Medical staff from Surat Thani Hospital estimated Mr Louet, a French national, had been dead for about a week prior his discovery.

Mr Louet, a diving instructor working on Koh Tao, went missing on March 14 while on his way back to the island with his French girlfriend. She told police Mr Louet had left the ferry looking for a convenience store but never returned. He was last seen on a CCTV recording leaving the pier.

Pol Maj Gen Aphichat said no visible injuries could be seen on the body of the deceased. A post-mortem examination will be conducted at Surat Thani Hospital to determine the cause of death.

Source: Thai News Agency

Ida Maria Bexar

Kathu Police is investigating whether the death of a young Finnish woman at a guesthouse in Phuket had been a suicide or an accident.

According to Thai newspaper Khaosod, Pol Capt Yingyong Chuaygit from Kathu Police was informed at 14:15 Monday afternoon about the death of a foreign woman inside Soi 2 Nanai in Patong subdistrict of Kathu, Phuket province.

Police investigators, medical staff and rescue volunteers arrived on the scene and discovered the body of 20-year-old Ida Maria Bexar from Finland lying face-down on the roof of a building next to her guesthouse where she had rented a room on the 5th floor. Medical staff estimated Ms Bexar had been dead for approximately 12 hours prior her discovery.

As her body was being sent to Patong Hospital for a post-mortem examination, police investigators questioned Ms Bexar’s Swedish boyfriend. He revealed he had been out until 4:00 early morning with the deceased the night before the incident, followed by an argument at around 4:30.

Kathu Police is now trying to reconstruct whether Ms Bexar’s fall was an accident or if she intentionally jumped to death.

Source: Khaosod

0 reacties:

Post a Comment