Wednesday, 11 May 2016

5/11/2016 03:17:00 pm
Jean-Pierre Caroupe

A day trip to Roi Et ended deadly for a Swiss expatriate when his scooter crashed under yet undetermined circumstances Monday afternoon.

Roi Et Hospital called Pol Capt Aphai Sanewong from Mueang Roi Et Provincial Police Station at 18:30 to investigate the death of Jean-Pierre Caroupe (name transcribed). The 64-year-old Swiss expatriate, whose registered address is in Bang Lamung subdistrict of Chon Buri province, had died hours earlier following a scooter accident.

Three French foreigners who accompanied Mr Caroupe told police the fatal accident had occurred between kilometre 17 and 18 on Highway 215 connecting Roi Et’s Mueang district with Suwannaphum district. Mr Caroupe was following the two other vehicles when he suddenly lost control of his Yamaha NMax scooter.

According to Pol Capt Aphai, Mr Caroupe sustained a fracture of his leg and a head trauma. However, so Pol Capt Aphai, it was the severe injury to his head that eventually killed the Swissman. He was pronounced dead upon arrival at Roi Et Hospital.

The group had been on a day trip to Roi Et and were on their way back to nearbyBuriram province where the French foreigners live.

Mueang Roi Et Provincial Police Station is now in the process of determining the cause of the road crash and who might have been at fault.

Source: Thairath

Antonio Zambardino

The Italian photojournalist Antonio Zambardino has passed away last weekend while on vacation on Koh Phangan, Italian news website reported on Tuesday.

The death was initially made public by Mr Zambardino’s father, Vittorio Zambardino. According to his post on Facebook , the only 35-year-old photographer unexpectedly died of a heart attack while on vacation on the popular holiday island Koh Phangan in the Gulf of Thailand.

The Italian foreign ministry confirmed the death. It said the Italian Embassy in Bangkokwas currently in contact with Mr Zambardino’s family to offer support in returning the body back to his home country.

Mr Zambardino described himself as a “visual-journalist and documentary photographer” whose work was published in GEO, National Geographic and other notable publications. He was based in Bangkok from where he covered social and environmental issues in Asia and the Middle East.


Ahmad Eha Abdullah

A knife brawl in Chon Buri province between four Kuwaitis early Saturday morning apparently left one tourist dead and one injured.

The incident took place at around 4:00 at a Pattaya beer bar in Soi 16 Walking Street, Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district. Pol Lt Temtrom Rodsiri from Mueang Pattaya Provincial Police Station shortly later arrived at the scene where bystanders tried to assist two severely injured foreign tourists.

Police took two 28-year-old Kuwaiti nationals into custody and bagged a blood-stained knife as evidence. Rescue volunteers rushed two other Kuwaitis to Pattaya Memorial Hospital for medical treatment.

An article published by Thai language news outlet Thairath reported Saturday morning that both of the injured tourists survived the attack. However, Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) later that day quoted Kuwaiti Ambassador to Thailand, Abdullah Al-Sharhan, saying the embassy was “closely monitoring the killing of a Kuwaiti citizen in a bloody brawl in the Thai tourist city of Pattaya.”

The deceased is reported to be Mr Ahmad Eha Abdullah, 29. According to Gulf News, Mr Eha was a Kuwaiti army officer who was on vacation in Pattaya with his friends. During the attack, he sustained one knife wound to the left leg and two to the left arm. He died in the emergency room of Pattaya Memorial Hospital after all resuscitation attempts had failed.

A witness to the incident, a 26-year-old cashier at the venue, told investigators that the two men had been involved in a heated but non-violent argument with other Kuwaiti nationals only days earlier. When the group ran into each other the second time, knives were produced and the men fought in front of many witnesses.

Prakash Narayan

A swimming trip to Ao Phang Nga National Park in Phang Nga province ended deadly for an Indian tourist.

The man, who was identified by relatives as 64-year-old Prakash Narayan from India, had been on a one-day-tour with his family when the incident occurred at around 15:00 Thursday afternoon, online news website Manager Online reported.

As the group was spending their time on an island belonging to the national park, Mr Narayan went for a swim near the beach. Soon afterwards, the tour guide saw him fighting to stay afloat. He and an employee of Patri Tour that had organised the trip rushed to the scene to rescue him.

Mr Narayan was recovered from the water and brought on the deck of a boat. A family member who happened to be a doctor rendered first aid by performing mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. But help came too late; after rushing him to Thalang Hospital in nearby Phuket, Mr Narayan eventually died.

Police revealed the man refused to wear a life vest when he entered the water. Relatives of the deceased also reported he was suffering from pre-existing medical conditions that might have contributed to his death.

Aarnout Harm
A 31-year-old foreigner from the Netherlands could not cope with his depression any longer and decided to end his life by jumping down the top of his Bangkokcondominium.

Pol Capt Jakrapan Songserm from Dao Bun Police Station was notified about the death of a foreign national at about 13:30 on Tuesday. Additional police officers, paramedics from General Police Hospital and Poh Teck Tung rescue volunteers were sent to the condominium complex where the incident had taken place.

Police revealed neither the name nor the location of the condominium. However, based on the responding police station, the building is likely to be located in Bangkok’s Bang Sue district.

On the scene, officers discovered the lifeless body of 31-year-old Aarnout Harm from the Netherlands lying in a pool of blood on the concrete floor next to building C where he had rented a room. His body showed several fractures on the limbs and head. He was wearing a white t-shirt and black trousers.

The management of the condominium did not allow reporters to enter the building. Police officers searched the room no. 174/258 on the 17th floor where the deceased had stayed along with his Thai wife. There was no evidence of a crime.

Investigators questioned Mr Harm’s wife who said that he had been suffering from severe depression before his death. He was treated at Bumrungrad Hospital, but his condition did not improve, she said. She found the body of her husband after she returned from buying groceries.

An early investigation conducted by police found out that Mr Harm did not jump from his room but the top of the building on the 40th floor. He reportedly leapt through a window next to the elevator.

A post-mortem examination at General Police Hospital has been scheduled to verify the cause of death. The Dutch embassy has been informed of the incident.

0 reacties:

Post a Comment