Friday, 17 February 2017

2/17/2017 05:33:00 pm
1. A high condominium in Pattaya became the scene for Dinar Davletbaev to jump to his death.

2. Roman Kothgabner, 54, found dead in his room.

3. Chinese tourist Lei Cuuan drowned in swimming pool.

4. Liudmila Khabarova was run over by a car shortly after midnight and died.

5. Retired American Mr Maderios found dead in motel.

6. Beatrice Bureau & Victoria Bureau Two French women died in a horrific accident.

1. Dinar Davletbaev

A 30-storey high condominium in Pattaya became the scene for yet another foreign death. The victim turned out to be a Russian in his twenties.

“A maid who was watering the plants around the condominium had found the body and called us,” Pol Capt Niwad Paengkaen said. Pol Capt Niwad is a deputy investigator at Mueang Pattaya Provincial Police Station and was sent to the scene of the incident Thursday morning.

Police refused to name the condominium the incident had happened. Several Thai news media inaccurately reported that the building was located in Nong Prue subdistrict in Mu 12 on the Beach Road at Jomtien Beach – even though the subdistrict is around three kilometres far away from the beach.

Behind the 30-storey high condominium, police discovered the dead body of Dinar Davletbaev, a 29-year-old tourist from Russia. “He didn’t wear a t-shirt, only short jeans,” Pol Capt Niwad confirmed. Emergency physicians stated that the impact broke his skull and had caused fractures to both arms. He had not been death under three to four hours, on-site doctors said.

In the pockets of Mr Davletbaev, police found a small amount of cash and cigarettes. When officers entered room no. 423 on the 12th floor from where they believe he had jumped, they discovered a pair of slippers, an ASUS tablet computer and a lighter. Police officers collected all items as evidence.

After analysing the CCTV footage from the area, Pol Capt Niwad learned that Mr Davletbaev had left his room at 02:18 early Thursday morning. “He climbed out of a window and sat on a balcony like he was catching some fresh air,” the investigator explained. “But then he fell.”

Further interrogation with Ms Chom, the maid who had found the body in the first place, revealed that Mr Davletbaev was visited by another Russian shortly before he died. “He brought a note with an unknown telephone number written on it.”

At this point, Thai media reports become unspecific. Several articles say the visitor left the room with a Thai woman shortly before the incident but paradoxically were sleeping at Mr Davletbaev’s apartment at the same time.

Police requested an interpreter who called the number on the note that had been given to Mr Davletbaev. “A Russian man answered,” Pol Capt Niwad said, “He was still unaware of the death and broke down in tears after we told him.”

The Russian man, who wished not to be named publicly, later told police that he and his Thai girlfriend were at Mr Davletbaev’s apartment in the night from February 15 to February 16. At one point, Davletbaev left his room so his two visitors could be on their own, the man said. According to him, they did not hear the sound of the impact in the early morning.

When the Russian guest and his Thai girlfriend woke up in the morning and did not find Mr Davletbaev, they thought he might have gone elsewhere and would return shortly. The two then went to the pool until the man received the phone call from the police.

“We’re not yet sure whether this was an accident or suicide,” Pol Capt Niwad said. “We will wait for the autopsy report and talk to more witnesses to determine the nature of the case.”

2. Roman Kothgabner

An Austrian man's Thai wife who had arranged to go with him on a visa run turned up at his place and found him dead from an apparent heart attack.

Usa, 38, and her husband had been married for five years but lived in separate places in Udon. She had seen him on Wednesday evening but then went home to her mum and dad.

The couple had arranged to meet Thursday to go to Laos to extend the husband's visa.

Usa found Roman Kothgabner, 54, dead in his room. Police and medics called to the address said that there was no sign of a struggle and nothing had been taken.

The deceased was found dressed only in shorts and was half on his bed half off. There was fluid coming from his mouth and nostrils and he was thought to have been dead about nine hours.

A large quantity of Thai herbal medications was found on a table in the room.

His wife said that she was not aware that he had any serious illnesses. If he was ever sick he would take herbal remedies. She

added that her husband had been in Thailand ten years.

Medics think that he suffered a heart attack the previous evening but the body was taken for autopsy to confirm matters.

3. Lei Cuuan

In Patong, Phuket a 21-year-old Chinese tourist was discovered dead in a resort swimming pool on Wednesday evening. Police assume he had drowned.

At 20:15 on Wednesday, Pol Lt Col Wirapong Rakkido of Patong Provincial Police Station received a notification from the staff at Patong Hospital. It said that the dead body of a Chinese tourist had been taken there following an incident at the C&N Resort and Spa in Phuket’s Patong subdistrict.

When Pol Lt Col Wirapong arrived shortly later, Patong Hospital staff told him that they had received a call notifying the hospital that a Chinese man who was not breathing after he had been found face down in a swimming pool was being brought to the hospital. “The man was identified as 21-year-old Mr Lei Cuuan,”.

Despite efforts to save the life of the young tourist, emergency workers who performed first aid on the way to the hospital had to give up their resuscitation attempts when they arrived. “Doctors pronounced him dead on arrival,” Pol Lt Col Wirapong confirmed. “They said hat the cause of death was drowning which sounds probable since there were no signs of assault on the man’s body,” he added.

Police went to the C&N Resort and Spa where Mr Lei was staying to view CCTV footage of the pool area. “It showed Mr Lei entering the pool alone at 18:16,” Pol Lt Col Wirapong said. “But at 18:24, a guest of the resort saw that Mr Lei was floating motionless and with his face down on the surface of the pool.”

The Phuket News spoke to the Superintendent of Patong Provincial Police Station, Pol Col Chaiwat Uikam, who confirmed the case. “We are still investigating this case. The CCTV footage shows Mr Lei in the pool alone.”

When asked what the CCTV footage showed in the eight minutes from when Mr Lei entered the pool, and his body was found, Pol Col Chaiwat said that they have to view the footage again. “For now, we believe that Mr Lei drowned.”

To verify Pol Col Chaiwat’s theory, police has asked Patong Hospital for a post-mortem examination of the body. “In the meantime, we continue our investigation and then release our official report,” Pol Col Chaiwat said.

4. Liudmila Khabarova

An attempt to cross a sparsely-lit road by an elderly Russian woman in Chon Buriended with her death. She was run over by a car shortly after midnight.

It was the driver of the car herself who informed the police of the fatal accident in Chon Buri’s Bang Sa-Re subdistrict. “She called us and said she had hit a foreign woman with her car and believed she was dead,” Pol Capt Sinsamut Buntatsana of SattahipProvincial Police Station quoted her.

The crash had happened at kilometre 165 on Sukhumvit Rd near Ban Bang Sa-Re Community School in Bang-Sa-Re, Sattahip, Chon Buri province. The woman killed in the accident was 74-year-old Liudmila Khabarova from Russia. “She had sustained a series of broken bones all over her body and died on the spot,” Pol Capt Sinsamut stated.

About 100 metres further, police found the bronze-coloured Toyota Vios carrying the license plate กค 4796 Trat. “The hood and the windshield were wrecked,” Pol Capt Sinsamut described the scene. “On the passenger seat, the windshield was broken.” Strands of hair and blood stains of the victim were visible.

In a state of severe shock, Ms Lamai Ongkaloy, the 39-year-old driver of the car, was standing next to her car and fainted once police arrived. Pol Capt Sinsamut: “When she had recollected herself, we asked her some questions. It turned out that Ms Lamai had just been on her return trip from visiting her father at the Bangkok Hospital in Pattayawhen the accident happened.”

Reaching the scene of the crash, she failed to see Ms Liudmila crossing the road because there were only very few street lamps, she told Pol Capt Sinsamut. Police have charged with reckless driving causing death.

5. Mr Maderios

The body of a retired American soldier was found on Wednesday afternoon in a Prachuap Khiri Khan motel with the cause of death reported as unknown.

Police were called to the motel around 1pm and discovered the body of 71-year-old Frank Maderios laid on the bed in only his shorts clutching the air-con remote.

Medics didn’t find any wounds or injuries on the body and estimated he’d been dead for 24 hours.

Officers found envelopes filled with 100,000 baht in cash and two bank books with deposits totaling 1.3 million baht plus statements declaring a monthly income of around 80,000 baht. Various medicines and a mobile phone were also found.

A former soldier and businessman, Mr Maderios had lived in Thailand for around eight years and had since divorced his Thai wife.

He told friends due to his poor state of health he couldn’t afford medical care if he returned to the USA so he remained in Thailand with one witness telling police he’d asked could they source him a gun which they refused to do as he planned on taking his own life.

The 100,000 baht found in the envelope was to cover his funeral expenses, according to a friend of the deceased.

The body was sent of an autopsy to confirm the cause of death and the US Embassy informed.

6. Beatrice Bureau & Victoria Bureau

Two French women died in a horrific accident when their private taxi collided with a 10-wheeler truck on their way from Koh Lanta to Krabi International Airport on Wednesday afternoon.

It was an awful scene that police officers and rescue volunteers from Miracle of Life Foundation had to encounter as they reached the crash site on Phetkasem Rd at around 12:30, not far from the Electric Generating Authority Krabi. “We saw two cars, a black Toyota Fortuner and a white 10-wheeled Isuzu lorry,” investigating officer Pol Lt Col Wichet Suwanno at Nuea Khlong Provincial Police Station remembered.

“The lorry was laying on its side whereas the Toyota was totally wrecked. The roof had collapsed, and the right side of the car was completely destroyed,” he added. The Toyota stood at the grass barrier that divided the incoming from the oncoming lane; the 10-wheeler truck (a Facebook source claims the truck had 18 wheels) landed around 50 metres next to the road at an electric pole.

“We knew right away that not everyone could have managed to survive this horrible accident,” Pol Lt Col Wichet said. Sadly, he was right: The road to Krabi International Airport was scattered with plastic, pieces of metal, personal belongings of the tourists – and two motionless women on the asphalt.

Both dressed in shorts and t-shirts, they lay face down in the middle of the road and were unresponsive. “Emergency physicians said the two had died before we arrived,” Pol Lt Col Wichet said. The two were later identified as Mrs Beatrice Bureau (55) and the only 18-year-old daughter Ms Victoria Bureau who were in the middle of their family holiday.

Rescue workers had difficulties removing, Tanad Bankua, the driver of the SUV, from the car because of the damages to the vehicle. “The driver was dead, but the passenger, Mr Julien Remy Viallet, 18, was still alive,” rescue worker Mr Pornthep Bunsong said. “We managed to bring him out and rushed him straight to the hospital.”

The condition of Mr Viallet remains critical, but he will survive, doctors said. Mr Alain Nicolas Bureau, the son of Mrs Beatrice Bureau who had died in the accident, told police the crash happened as the incoming lorry seemed to have lost control of his truck and ran over the grass barrier crashing into the tourists’ car.

Pol Lt Col announced that the investigation into the case would still be ongoing. The French Embassy has been informed of the two women’s death.

Source: Farang Deaths

1 reacties: