70 CHILDREN IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER EATING
FOOD FROM THE MARKET IN PATTAYA
The Banglamung hospital in Pattaya was completely overwhelmed yesterday when 70 school children were brought into the hospital after lunch.
They had all consumed vegetarian food bought on a Pattaya market.
On the menu was a mushroom soup and a spicy, boiled egg salad.
District head of Banglamung, khun Naris Niramaiwong immediately ordered an investigation into where the food came from and how it was prepared.
The students of classes P4 - P6 of the Wat Nong Ket Yai school were confronted with severe diarrhea and vomiting after lunch.
In haste, ten ambulances were called to bring the children to the hospital, but there were not enough beds to accommodate the children properly.
The school director, khun Noppawan Khonseu said that 669 pupils were in school. Their own staff prepared a vegetarian yesterday on the basis of ingredients purchased by a parent or parents on the market.
He told that the ingredients were bought at a market in Pattaya.
Some children showed improvement and were allowed to return home later with their parents.
Source; Daily News